Sunday, November 17, 2013

Parmesan Zucchini Fries & Lemon Garlic Marinaded Chicken

I had a bunch of zucchini and a bit of chicken so I decided another marinade and some zucchini fries were in order! I've been wanting to try the zucchini fries forever! They didn't get as crispy as I wanted, but they still taste really good. Zucchinis are such a "wet" veggie, it's always hard to dry them out properly. So I shall try again in the future. For now though, here is Lemon Garlic Marinaded Chicken and PARMESAN Zucchini Fries. Forgive the photo that says crispy...haha. I got ahead of myself ;)







~ Ingredients for marinade ~

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 teaspoons yellow mustard
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cleaned and cut into 3-4 oz pieces)

~ Directions ~ 

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Once you have cut up your chicken breast (I cut them into approx. 3 oz pieces), add the marinade and place in fridge for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours if you have the time.




Cook up your chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. It will take about 15 minutes. I will start heating up the pan about 10 minutes after I've put the zucchini fries in the oven.

~ Ingredients for zucchini fries ~

  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 eggs lightly beaten
  • 3 zucchini
  • *1/2 cup flour
*Please note that for next time, I will roll the zucchini fries in 1/2 cup flour before adding the egg. This will help the mix stick better. I recommend doing that!

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees ( 205 C) and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl (except the flour!!!)

Put flour on a small dinner plate.

Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.



Cut the zucchini up into pieces about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. Or cut the zucchini in half and then each half into eighths.



Roll the zucchini pieces in flour, then the egg, and then the Parmesan and bread crumb mix. For next time, I will place the zucchini father apart on the sheet. But we have tiny ovens here in Germany so I crammed them all onto one. They need room to cook though, so spreading them out is better.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye on them! Flip them about half way through.




Serve fries and chicken together while still hot. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment