Sunday, November 17, 2013

Super Easy White Chicken Chili

Just like the title says, this dish is super super easy. It's one that Aaron and I eat about once a month or so and there's always enough for about 6 bowls total. We eat two, put another two into the fridge, and freeze the rest. YES. You can put this all into a bag after it's cooked and freeze it. We usually pull it out within a month, let it thaw, then reheat it on the stove. Tastes just as good as the first time! I usually serve it up with homemade honey cornbread, but I skipped it this time around for time sake. We threw a few crushed tortilla chips on it instead. :)

Hope you all enjoy!



~ Ingredients ~

Serves 6 (if one bowl each)

  • 2 cans of great northern beans
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of Rotel
  • 1 8 oz container of sour cream
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 packets of white chicken chili seasoning
  • 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper to taste

~ Directions ~ 

Throw all the canned items (including liquids) into a large pot over medium heat.

Add the seasoning packets and about 2 cups of water as well.





Once its comes to a simmer and has gotten hot, add the sour cream and the cheese. I try not to stir it for a few minutes so that the cheese can melt and not stick to the spoon.



In a skillet over medium heat, cook up your chicken. I usually prep this before starting the chili mix. Ok ok...I lie. I usually have my husband do this since I hate touching raw chicken :)



Once the chicken is cooked, drain the excess liquid and add it to the pot. I let it simmer for about 10 minutes before I serve it. I also add salt and pepper to taste.

I've made this for loads of people and they've all loved it. Hope you enjoy it too! Like I stated before, it's great for leftovers AND as a freezer meal :)

Total time: about 45 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment