Friday, January 24, 2014

Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

So one morning I was lying in bed checking out all the happenings on Facebook (like I do every morning)...and I stumbled across a yummy photo of chocolate muffins. I also noticed I had all the ingredients on hand. Soooooo I jumped up, put on some clothes and made some pretty delicious breakfast muffins. 

It was an easy recipe and took less than 45 minutes from start to end.

Enjoy!




~ Ingredients ~ 

  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

~ Directions ~ 

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (204 C). Lightly grease a muffin tin and line with 12 paper muffin cups.

  • In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and about 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.




  •  In a medium bowl, lightly whisk together the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.



  • Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Don't over mix though. If the batter is a bit lumpy, it's fine.




  • Divide the batter evenly in the 12 muffin tins and spread the remaining chocolate chips on the muffin tops.

  • Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven. The muffins will be full and springy.



Sooo sooo yummy! I hope you enjoy these! My husband definitely did!

No comments:

Post a Comment