Sunday, December 15, 2013

Zucchini & Eggplant Lasagna with Ground Turkey

If there is anything that I really really love, it's all foods that can be baked into one dish. That also provide me with multiple servings. AND anything that I can do without noodles. I love noodles, but it's nice to not have to have the extra carbs if I can help it. I didn't do a whole bunch of pictures for this because it's that easy. 

P.S. You can omit the turkey to make this vegetarian. Add some extra veggies like mushrooms to keep the quantity the same.




~ Ingredients ~
  • 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 package ricotta cheese
  • salt, pepper,*oregano & *basil to taste
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan if you'd like
~ Directions ~

First things first. Slice up your zucchini and eggplant. Lay them out on a cookie sheet, season, and drizzle with olive oil.

Place them in an oven at 325 degrees (162 C) for about 20-25 minutes. This will help get some moisture out of them.

While that's baking, brown your ground turkey in a skillet on medium high heat. make sure to season it. Drain when finished.

Turn your oven up to 350 degrees (172 C) after you remove the veggies.

**The reason I put oregano and basil on the ingredients list is because I make my own red sauce. The jar is easiest though. And if I use jarred I still add extra oregano and basil.

When all your ingredients are prepped, start layering. I usually put down a thin layer of spaghetti sauce, then meat, then ricotta & mozzarella, and then the veggies.

Once you get to the top, sprinkle your remaining cheese. I also added a bit of Parmesan before putting it in the oven.

Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Once it's done, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes to set up and cool.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment