Sunday, August 10, 2014

Carne Asada

So I've always wanted to try making Carne Asada, but there are so many recipes out there, I didn't know which one would give me the most awesome flavor.

But I found it...

I loved everything listed, so I knew this was the one. 

Enjoy.




~ Ingredients ~

• 1.5 to 2 lbs. flank steak
• 1/3 cup vinegar
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1tsp onion powder
• 1.5 tsp oregano
• 2 limes (juice)
• 4 cloves garlic


I know it seems like a lot of stuff but what I did was set up two small snack bags to the side, and while I added the dry ingredients to my bowl, I added them to the bags too. Now I have two portions of the dry ingredients all ready for the next time I want Carne Asada. All I have to do is add the wet ingredients. 

After I mixed everything in a bowl, i poured it over my flank steak which I had set in a 2 quart casserole dish. 

Next I covered it and put it in the fridge.  

You could do this a few hours before grill time, but I did it the night before. I also took it out about an hour before grilling so that it was about room temp. 

We grilled it for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Depending on the heat of your grill and if you like a bit of pink in your meat. 

Bring it in, let it rest a few minutes and then just slice it length-wise. 

OMG!!!! It was amazing! Aaron and I barely made it to the table. Super flavorful, a little spice, and a nice tart hint of lime. This is a permanent addition to out menu rotation for sure. 

We served it with grilled peppers and oinions, cheese, sour cream and tortillas. 


Hope you love it!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment