Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ManTASTIC Breakfast Burritos

I got this idea from a friend of mine who's been making her hubby breakfast burritos for a while now. I decided to finally try it out for Aaron. He is the worst when it comes to eating breakfast. I swear if he could go until later afternoon without eating. I've even left food (apples, oatmeal packets, etc.) in his ABU hat so that he would remember to take some breakfast. 

These were pretty easy to make...however, I think I'll need to make a double batch next times since he has been taking two at a time ;) He did say they were AMAZING though. So I guess it's a keeper!


~ Ingredients ~

Makes 12

1 bag of hash browns (I used a little over half this time)
15 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese
1 1/2 cups of sausage crumbles ( you could brown your own. I grabbed the precooked turkey crumbles and it was much faster)
1 1/2 cups cubed ham
2 packs of tortillas (I used 12 total)
Salt and Pepper

~ Other items ~

Tin Foil
2 gallon-sized freezer bags




~ Directions ~ 

First things first, cook up your hash browns and your eggs.

Once that is done, set up an assembly line.

I did potatoes first, then eggs, then cheese, then meat (sausage or ham).

**Try not to over fill them. I used the large tortillas, but I didn't want them so stuffed that they would break apart.



Roll up the tortilla like a burrito with the ends folded in.

Then roll them securely in tin foil.

Put in the appropriate bag. I labeled them.


Once you have full bags or empty dishes, put them in the freezer. I'm sure they will last a while in there, but I expect that Aaron will be eating these pretty fast. At least he's getting breakfast now! Good thing is is that these are also easy enough for him to make too.

Thanks to my friend Jackie for her inspiration!

Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment