Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tomato & Garlic Hummus

I love love love me some hummus. But I hate paying so much for it! 

If you've got a can of chickpeas or black beans and a few common pantry items, you can make sooooo many different flavors for half the price of store bought.

Here's one that I made.





~Ingredients~

**Please note that besides the can of chickpeas, all amounts are completely up to you. I started off with small amounts and then added more as I tasted tested.

  • 1 can of chickpeas (drained, but keep liquid to the side)
  • tomato paste
  • chopped garlic
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Optional: olive oil
~Directions~

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients.

Add in the chickpea liquid as needed until you have your desired consistancy. This is also where you could use the olive oil if you want.

Blend everything for a few minutes until it's perfect for you!

Below I've posted a photo I found on Pinterest that shows tons of great combinations.

Enjoy!



If you can't really see the photo, copy and paste the link below and check it out on my Pinterest page.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/212935888607174822/

P.S. I got that cute little food processor off of Amazon for about $40. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment