Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Perfect Cookie (Bonus: "Cookies for two" recipe!)

Ok. So if you know me, you know I love love love cookies! And I just happen to stumble upon the perfect recipe last year. Seriously. Every time I tried to make cookies before, they came out too flat, too salty, or too done (a crispy cookie is a crappy cookie). I love big, soft baked cookies. I thought about not sharing my most perfect recipe...buttttttttt, I decided that I should share the wealth so that I am no longer solely responsible for bringing cookies everywhere. Plus, this recipe is really really easy!

Make sure to check the bottom of this for the "cookies for two" breakdown :)




Makes 20-24 cookies (depending on cookie size).

~ Ingredients ~

  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) of softened butter
  • 6 tbsp brown sugar
  • 6 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup chips of your choice*
  • 1/2 cup nuts, toffee bits, or more chips of your choice!*
  • If you want chocolate dough, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder (pictured)*
~ Directions ~ 

*Please note that all of the following photos (except the last one) are shown when I used the "cookies for two" recipe.


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C)
  • Cream the butter and sugars together 


  • Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Yes, I did all of this with a spoon.



  • In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients. If you are adding anything such as cocoa powder, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, etc. you can add it now. 



  • Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients. 
  • Once you've done that, add your "mixers". I used dark chocolate and peanut butter chips tonight. There is no such thing as too many chocolate chips.



  • Make dough balls with about 2 tbsp of cookie dough and place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 9-10 minutes.
  • I usually go for about 9 minutes so that the cookies are about 90% done. Keeps them nice and soft for days! (If they last that long).




~ "Mixer" combinations I've used ~

  • Chocolate chips and mint extract or mint chips (chocolate dough)
  • White chocolate chips and macadamia nuts (add pumpkin spice for a yummy surprise)
  • Crushed mini Oreos and chocolate chips (with or without cocoa powder)
  • Cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips
  • Peanut butter chips and chocolate chips
  • Other ideas - 
    • Ground cinnamon
    • Hazelnuts
    • Caramels
    • Reeses Pieces
    • Espresso powder
    • the list is endless!


~ Cookies for two! ~

Makes two big cookies

  • 1/4 stick (1/8 cup) of softened butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/4 egg (get some egg beaters. It's impossible to get 1/4 of an egg from an egg)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
Follow directions as above.


Enjoy these cookies! They are my absolute favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment