Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Peanut Butter & Toffee Pudding Cookies

In my attempts to help a "helpless in the kitchen" friend, I came across the concept of pudding cookies. I was assuming they would be much easier for someone who is not that comfy with baking. They were simple to make, but I bake all the time. So alas...my search for a really easy cookie recipe continues. At least she liked them when I brought them in for a tasting though!

May I present to you...

Peanut Butter & Toffee Pudding Cookies!


~ Ingredients ~

Makes 24
  • 1 cup butter (mine was about 10 minutes out of the fridge)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp hot water
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 - 3.75 (or small box) of pudding mix - I used vanilla, but choose whatever sounds good.
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
  • 1/2 (or more) cup of Toffee chips - I used the chocolate toffee and it was still really good.


~ Directions ~

With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the sugars and butter.

Add one egg at a time and mix in each one.

Add in the sea salt.

Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water. Add to the mixture.

Add the flour, thoroughly mix, and then scrape the sides of the bowl. 

Add the pudding and mix thoroughly.

Add the peanut butter chips and toffee bits and mix in with a spoon.




Roll 2 tbsp-sized balls of dough and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet approximate 2 inches (7 cm) apart.


Bake in a preheated over at 350 degrees (175 C) for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.

Remove them from the oven and set aside to cool. They should stay nice and chewy. I'd wait about 5-10 minutes before eating them so they have time to set up :)


These were super yummy! And not too difficult to make. Definitely a make-again cookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment